Thursday, January 8, 2009

Get Felt Up


I finshed my strawberry pincushion. I think it turned out well, although it could have been better. I'm now currently working on a ice cream cone pincushion & a lemon pincushion. I figure everyone is probably tired of those traditional tomato pincushions that are in every craft store across America. I make the pincushions out of felt, which I really enjoy working with. The only problem is that we only have one craft store around here so I am stuck to a limited amount of colors. It's hard to find felt with a huge variety of colors online without costing a fortune. So if anyone has any suggestions of where I can get some gorgeous colors for a good price, let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I too am lacking anything in the way of a b&m (that would be brick and mortar!) craft supplier, especially since I prefer 100% wool, but I have two suggestions. Thrifting first. I'm sure Alabama gets colder weather than does Texas so you prob'ly can find more wool sweaters. Felt 'em. Makes the best felt. Second best is this place: http://www.ericas.com/fabric/woolfelt.htm The squares are 9x12 and really reasonable. Now I'm off to check your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great items! thx for following. i return the favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pin cushion! Thanks for following my blog and introducing me to yours too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fresh idea...my poor tomato has seen better days! Just don't tell it that I might replace it with a lemon...so cute!

    ReplyDelete